Position Title: Inspector Technician
Department: TES Asset Management
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Wage and Salary: Based on Experience
We are currently seeking candidates for Inspector Technicians for immediate hire in the Front Royal, VA and surrounding area.
TES Asset Management is a division of Tidewater Energy Services and specializes in providing services to the electric utility and telecommunications industries.
The Inspection Technician is responsible for a variety of testing and measuring tasks on utility poles.
This is an outdoor position that requires a minimum degree of fitness and frequent travel in the surrounding states. Additional and ongoing opportunities exist in other geographic areas of the country. Applicants need to be familiar with the use of tablets and electronic devices. TES will train the ideal candidate to perform all required duties.
We are focused on people who have the ability to become supervisors and who would like a career in the utility industry. Individuals must be able to work under minimum supervision as well as be able to deal with both the public as well as utility personnel while performing these inspections.
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications and/or electrical utility systems is a plus
- Basic proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to follow specifications and guidelines in an extremely high quality environment
- Operate power equipment (Gasoline and Electric)
- Ability to read, interpret and follow maps
- Ability to travel and to work outside in variable terrain and weather conditions
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Present a professional appearance and attitude
- At least 21 years of age
- A valid driver license and reliable transportation
- Must pass insurance carriers driver’s license background check
- Be able to walk up to 5 miles per day, lift at least 50 lbs & carry at least 25 lbs
- Background check and drug screening may be required
- Work safely and independent under minimum supervision
- Embrace core values of the company
- Communicate clearly with the public on a regular basis in a professional manner as a representative of TES
- Work in an outdoor environment over half of time
- Perform minor maintenance tasks to utility poles from the ground
- Competitive salaries
- Per diems
- Paid holidays
- Health benefits
Job Type: Full-time